Please click below to view the latest curriculum overviews:-
Our curriculum is designed to bring alive our vision statement which is:
At Khalsa Primary we are helping our children grow in mind, body and spirit. We aim for excellence in academic, emotional and spiritual areas of understanding. Our children learn how to work with passion, ethics, honesty and self-discipline. They share their skills in service to the community, with love and without discrimination. They learn gratitude and self-discovery through learning how to connect with God. The whole school community aspires to work together as a genuine team, basing our daily practice in the five Sikh values of love, compassion, contentment, humility and truth.
Through our curriculum at Khalsa our children will learn to become fully rounded people, by:
Learning to live the values:
- Developing Learning Power skills
- Putting 100% effort into their lessons and life at school
We use curricula frameworks which are hands-on interactive and child-led.
- In Reception: Early Years Framework
We provide opportunities for the children in Reception to experience all seven areas of learning in the EYFS framework:
- communication and language
- physical development, personal
- social and emotional
Specific areas ( please click on area to download further information ):-
- Early Years
- English (Handwriting, Spelling, Reading & Writing)
- The Arts
- Religious Education
- Physical Education
And we enable the children to learn through:
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
These are called the ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’.
- Literacy and Numeracy National Curricula 2016
- Please click here to download the Grammar Appendix
- We teach systematic, synthetic phonics using the Ruth Miskin ‘Read, Write, Inc’ programme
- We use Oxford Reading Tree and Collins Big Cat Reading Schemes
- We also use the Oxford Syllabus for RE and our own Sikh Studies Syllabus
Should you require any further information please contact the school.