The Department for Education have launched the new school food standards to ensure that children increase their calcium intake, the revised standards state that “Lower fat milk must be available for drinking at least once a day during school hours” – this does not include breakfast or after school clubs.
The best and most beneficial time for all children to drink milk is at mid-morning break. As well as the nutritional benefits, mid-morning milk keeps children hydrated between breakfast and lunch, helping them concentrate and learn.
- FREE milk for under-fives & subsidised milk for 5-11 year olds
- Statutory Free School Meal children – all children are entitled to FREE milk funded by the school if the child is eligible for Statutory Free School Meals (where school claims Pupil Premium) – we will help you implement this
- Cool Milk will set-up and manage everything for claims, record keeping and audit processes
- Parents deal directly with Cool Milk; online, by phone, email or freepost
- Award-winning customer service
- FREE fridge
- FREE promotional materials & FREE educational resources
- Locally sourced dairies
- Committed to children’s health: as part of our commitment to improving children’s nutrition we provide semi-skimmed milk for primary aged children; it contains 55% less saturated fat and the same amount of calcium as whole fat milk