Home Learning Programme
As you are aware, the UK is in a national lockdown and home learning will be in place from tomorrow until Friday 12th February 2021.
Pupils will learn at home using Zoom and other online activities. This is a different, better programme of learning compared to lockdown in 2020.
Whilst we have higher expectations of learning, we do understand that every family circumstance is different. If you have any queries about home learning, please contact your child’s class teacher via dojo or the class email address.
If your child is unwell and will not be able to complete home learning, please contact the school office (email or telephone) by 8.30am each day.
Following what must have been an incredibly turbulent start to 2021, we continue to offer our support in any way that we can.
The roles at home, work and in the community may have changed a lot during lockdown because of coronavirus (COVID-19). You may be using your home and other spaces in different ways than you and the are children used to. This can be challenging so it’s important to make time to talk about what would work best for your family and check how everyone is feeling.
If you feel yourself getting irritated or annoyed with your family and children, don’t be too hard on yourself. This is a challenging time for lots of people and we’re working hard to be here for children and families at Khalsa Primary School.
If you are experiencing any problems, remember; you are not alone. We are here for you.
The use of Zoom
Please be aware of the following:
1. Zoom is a safe platform to use for online learning & KPS strictly adheres to Safeguarding protocols
2. All login details and timings will be sent via Class Dojo prior to lessons commencing. Please ensure you check your Class Dojo app regularly
3. Please do not share the Zoom link with others
4. Do not use the ‘online chat’ or ‘share screen’ facilities in Zoom at any time
5. All children must be suitably dressed and ready for lessons by 8am every day.
6. We advise that the child completes home learning with an adult nearby if they need technical help but we kindly ask that background noise to be kept to a minimum
7. The Zoom links are for the teaching of children at KPS only, please ensure siblings and other family members are not present during these sessions
8. The child must be identifiable by name and the camera switched on at all times during the session
9. Children will be muted on arrival and the teacher will instruct when they can unmute. Pupils will need to raise their hand if they have a question and await instruction from the teacher
10. We expect the children to behave during home learning as wonderfully as they do in school on a daily basis and the usual behaviour management strategies will be in place.
Here is the link for the Zoom Help Centre