Relationships and Sex Education
The Department for Education has announced changes to Relationships and Sex Education (RSE), which is part of our PSHE curriculum. These changes, will come into effect from September 2020 and schools will be required to comply with the updated requirements from September 2021.
This means we will be reviewing our RSE curriculum and policy so we can be sure our provision meets the Government criteria and is appropriate for our children based on their:
- Physical and emotional maturity
- Religious and cultural backgrounds
- Special educational needs and/or disabilities
We are committed to working in partnership with parents and as such we need your feedback to help us do this. Please find below further information regarding RSHE:
- A presentation explaining the change to RSE from September 2021
- Our draft RSE policy and curriculum intentions
- A copy of the Jigsaw planning
- Government guidance on the teaching of RSE
- Jigsaw mindful approach to PSHE. A guide for parents and carers.
The questionnaire for parents is now closed.
As you are aware this area of learning is a real strength at Khalsa Primary School, recognised by Ofsted. The content is not unfamiliar to us and we have always operated within an ethos of tolerance and acceptance and our five Khalsa Values. We take any curriculum development very seriously and know that we must play our part in preparing our children for the wider world.
Mrs M Nanda
Assistant Principal (Pastoral Lead)