Please use the links below to view our most recent PTA newsletters.
The aims of the PTA are:
1. To encourage cooperation between the staff of the school, the parents and all others associated with the school.
2. To encourage interest in the fulfilment of the educational requirements contained in the relevant Education Acts.
3. To engage in activities which support the school and promote the welfare of the pupils.
4. To raise funds to be used for the benefit of the school and its pupils.
5. To subscribe to the school’s Sikh ethos and organise activities that do not contravene the Reyat Maryada as defined by the Akal Takht.
The objectives of the PTA are:
1. The Association will be non political.
2. The President of the Association will be the Headteacher.
3. All school staff, Governors and parents of pupils in the school will automatically be members without subscription.
4. The following officers for the Committee will be elected annually at the AGM:
- Assistant Treasurer
- Marketing Manager
5. The Chair shall have served at least one year on the Committee immediately prior to being elected (apart from the first year).
6. The Chair will serve for no more than three consecutive years in that capacity on the Committee.
7. A member of the Committee shall forfeit his/her seat on the Committee, where that member fails to attend three or more consecutive meetings without reasonable cause or excuse.
8. The Committee shall resolve that the member of the Committee office be vacated on the ground that the Member has so conducted himself/herself as to bring the school or the PTA into disrepute. Provided that before passing any such Resolution the Committee shall give the Member concerned the right to be heard and to state any case in writing to it.
9. Five members of the Committee, including the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher or one teacher shall constitute a quorum for the Committee.
10. Committee meetings shall be held at least twice per term, at such times and places that are suitable for most members of the Association and allows equal participation by all.
11. The Annual General Meeting shall be held in the Autumn term of each year. It will be presided by the Chair and Headteacher or Vice-Chair in the absence of the Chair. The Chair’s report and audit of accounts will be presented. Twelve members shall constitute a quorum at the AGM.
In furtherance of the objects, the Committee may exercise the following powers:
1. To provide or assist in the provision of facilities at the school in consultation with the Headteacher.
2. To raise, invite and receive contributions provided that in raising funds the Committee shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading activities and shall conform to any relevant requirements of the law.
3. To buy, take on lease or in exchange any property necessary for the achievement of the objects and to maintain and equip it for use.
4. To obtain consents required by law to sell, lease or dispose of all or any part of the property of the Association.
5. To cooperate with other charities, voluntary bodies and statutory authorities in furtherance of the objects or of similar charitable purposes and to exchange information and advice with them.
6. To establish or support any charitable trust, associations or institutions formed for all or any of the objects.
7. To insure members against personal liability to third parties arising from acts properly undertaken in the administration of the Association and its activities.
1. Funds raised by the Association will be held in the PTA Account.
2. Withdrawals shall be made in the name of the Association on the signatures of the Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer and one other of the Headteacher or Chair.
3. The Treasurer shall keep an account of all income and expenditure and shall submit accounts, duly audited, at the AGM. An auditor, not being a member of the Committee, shall be appointed annually at the AGM to audit the accounts and books of the Association.
4. If the Association folds through lack of interest, mismanagement or any other reason, then any money remaining in the Association’s bank account shall be transferred to the School Fund, for the Headteacher to use for the benefit of the school and its pupils.